Delightful Rockridge Bungalow
Exceptional attention to detail can be found in this three bedroom, two bathroom home. Vintage character blends with modern updates. The heart of the home boasts an updated open kitchen/living room combo with access to the rear deck and a fantastic garden. This fabulous indoor/outdoor connection is fun for entertaining.
* Living room - with a wood burning stove to keep you warm on those winter nights - is open to the kitchen and with french doors to the rear deck makes an excellent layout for parties and gatherings.
* The formal dining room retains the original features of a bygone era with rich wood wainscoting, plate moulding and gorgeous built-ins.
* Kitchen is spacious with room for numerous cooks and guests all who can gather around the center island, great for socializing and keeping company with the chef. Recessed lights, new quartz countertops and a skylight make the kitchen light and bright. The double ovens will put your baking skills to the test while dreaming of The Great British Bake Off as you crack eggs and and whip up delightful treats.
*Three sizable bedrooms with good separation of space. The front bedroom is a versatile room which can easily double as an additional living room or generous sized home office. The spacious rear bedroom makes a great master retreat with a walk-in closet and windows that overlook the rear garden with direct access through a french door to the rear deck. The middle bedroom, ample in size also includes a walk-in closet.
* Two updated bathrooms, simple and clean, plus a laundry closet completes the living space.
* Basement and garage with work table offer plenty of storage for all your hobbies and offers great potential for expansion.
Extremely inviting rear yard featuring a redwood deck with copper railings. You'll also find an inviting side patio with a decorative iron gate entrance and a brick patio centered in the rear garden. Numerous vegetable beds and fruiting vines and trees allow you to partake in your own garden to table experience. Sweet string lights span the length of the yard, making late night BBQs possible all year long!
All of this nestled on a tree-lined street, a few short blocks to College Avenue, one of Oakland's most popular and thriving neighborhoods. Enjoy the Temescal Farmers Market on Sundays, only a few blocks away, not to mention great coffee at Highwire, ample dining options including the Ramen Shop, A16, Dona Tomas and more! Catch a game at the Kingfish or pick up some tools from the Tool Lending Library for your next project in the workspace below....all without ever getting in the car! Fabulous schools are within minutes. Commuters will delight in the three-block stroll to BART, casual carpool, bike share and quick access to freeways.